My Thoughts on Every Truly Me Doll ~ Part 6: Dolls 100 - 124

 Hello everyone! Long time no post! ๐Ÿ˜ถ Today, I'm gonna wrap up this little series I've been doing, by telling you guys my opinions on the newest Truly Me dolls! They released 25 new dolls, so this post is going to be a bit longer than the other ones! Enjoy!

Here are the other parts if you missed them:

Part 1 

Part 2 

Part 3 

Part 4 

Part 5 

On to the post!

(Also, sorry about the worse than usual photo quality!)

Starting off with #100! (At this point I just want to add that I don't understand why AG skipped seven dolls lol. Anyways . . .) This doll is literally just #27 with painted on eyelashes and different eyebrows.

27 was around for way too long, and nobody liked it, but, because of that, everyone kinda just got used to how she looked, and, now . . . I just think she looks weird. I really don't the painted on eyelashes with the classic mold, not gonna lie.


 I don't really like #101 because, like I said, the painted on eyelashes don't look good with the classic mold. Also, I don't think the grey eyes look good with the rainbow hair. 

Which is the same thing I said about #91.๐Ÿ˜ญ


 THE CLASSIC MOLD DOES NOT LOOK GOOD WITH THE PAINTED ON EYELASHES!!!

Excuse me . . . ๐Ÿ˜

#102 is a modified #33, so basically AG ruined a perfectly good doll. Very sad.


 #103 is a modified #61 . . . so she has the classic mold and painted on eyelashes. *cries*


 Shocking nobody, the boy dolls don't have painted on eyelashes. I wouldn't buy him, but I do think #104's hair flip is kinda fun. Other than that though . . . he's basically just an improved #74.


#105 is just a renumbered #70. What was even the point?


#106 is just 85 with different face paint. I think it works on her WAAAAY better than with the classic mold dolls!


I actually don't think #107 is that ugly! She's a modified 68, and the new eyebrows kinda work with her! I still don't like that AG just took all their old dolls and gave them makeup though.


#108 has the Josefina mold and painted on eyelashes . . . a combination I'm starting to realize I don't hate! ๐Ÿ˜Š However, like I said, I don't like how they're just rebranding their old dolls. (She's a modified #82!)

#109's color combo is really weird, not gonna lie. :/

#110 has the Jess mold and freckles, which would be cute, except for one thing . . . (Which actually isn't the rainbow hair, though I obviously don't like that either!) My issue with her is that she has the Jess mold, which was designed to add Asian representation to the AG lineup.

You're confused, right? I just said the Jess mold would be cute with blue eyes and freckles. That's not my problem. The thing that bothers me about this doll is that she's white and has the Jess mold, while there's only one Asian doll with Jess mold in the new TM revamp.

Did that make sense? I hope so. :|

#111 is a modified 84 and I don't actually hate her! However, 84 was a doll I really wanted, so I'm still not super happy that AG decided to just alter her a bit and give her a new number. ๐Ÿ˜ž


I literally love #112 SOOOO much! Her hair is pretty awesome! She does have the painted on eyelashes, but they're not super prominent, so she still looks pretty natural!

Of the two new boy dolls, I think I like #113 better! His hair's fun, and, also, he's not blonde lol. ๐Ÿ˜‰

#114 is literally just a renumbered 73. Once again, it is completely pointless. Also, her stock photo sucks even more now.


 GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!!! #115 HAS THE MARIE GRACE!! THE MARIE GRACE MOOOOLD!!!!! 

I really hope this means MG is coming back! (Cecile too, probably . . . Eek!) I also think that, just in general, this doll is pretty cute! She reminds me of 83!

#116 have VERY unnatural, but she also has the Marie Grace mold, which is kinda nice! (Also, at this point I finally realized that the new dolls are all numbered by face mold. If you're super confused, click here and you'll see what I mean!)

Also, her bangs are cut weird.

Anyways . . .


#117 is one of my favorites out of the whole new lineup! She has the Marie Grace mold and her hair is naturally colored! She does have some highlights, but they're still in a normal hair color - sort of like Maritza!

Not gonna lie, I kinda want this doll . . . ๐Ÿ˜ณ


#118 is actually kinda pretty! I love that they're using the Nanea mold again and her hair color is really pretty!


#119 looks like a mermaid, which means she's basically everything TM ISN'T supposed to be . . . ๐Ÿ˜– However, at least her coloring isn't just all over the place like some of the other rainbow haired dolls! (Specifically 109.)

On a slightly better note, I do actually like the blue eyes with the Nanea mold, but the hair is just to bright for me.


#120's highlights are definitely less bright, which would be fine with me, except that I find basic colors kinda bold and ugly. (If you're confused by what I mean, think about those T-shirts you can buy at Michael's that are literally just one color and are super bright. Those are the sort of colors I don't like.) 

She has the Nanea mold at least, which is cool.


 #121 looks like an improved version of 69! She's really pretty! I really really love the Joss mold!

#122 has the Joss mold - yay! She also has natural hair - double yay! And her highlights are really pretty! She's a super unique doll and I really like her!


 I didn't like the Makena mold on Makena, but I think it's kinda cute on #123! I have no idea why, because they're face paint is pretty much identical. Anyways, I like this doll!


I feel like the AG design team got to the last doll and decided they were too tired to do something original, so they made #124 Corinne without the blue hair and the novelty. 

I think this doll will probably appeal to all the people who liked Corinne, but weren't fond of the blue hair. I don't really mind the colorful hair on the GOTY dolls, because it's not very common and it's never as bright and in your face as the TM dolls. 

There, I justified owning a doll with rainbow hair while writing and entire post about why I don't like it.

Anywaaaays . . .

That's all for today! What do you think of these new dolls? There are a couple I like, but, for the most part, I'm pretty disappointed with the revamp. :(

Stay tuned for a post about my issues with the revamp as a whole, and, afterwards, a potential photoshoot!

See you!

~Annabelle

Comments

  1. I like #124 because I didn't really like Corinne with the blue hair so I am actually debating whether to get her or not. Only in the future though, I am broke xD Anyways, I really enjoyed reading this and agreed on everything except the Makena mold, I will never get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Corinne is really pretty, but I can see where you're coming from about the blue hair! I don't mind it too much obviously! I wouldn't have expected myself to like a doll with the Makena mold, but I actually think 123 is super adorable lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts