A Murder of Crows ~ A Photoshoot

 I absolutely love the fact that a group of crows is called a murder.

😅

Hi everyone! Long-ish time no see; I've been in a bit of a "doll slump" lately, where I haven't had too much motivation to do doll related things, but have had a ton of motivation to binge read through all the books that have been sitting on my shelf unread for months (and possibly years oops . . .)

Anyways, in the last couple of days, I've been really getting my doll-motivation back, by finding ways to combine my love of dolls with my love of reading.

Basically, I dressed my dolls as up as a certain group of iconic book criminals that I love with all my heart and then some.


Meet the Crows! From left to right we have Aspen as Matthias, Rebecca as Nina, Maritza as Inej, Grace as Kaz, Lily as Jesper, and Quinn as Wylan. I don't have any boy dolls (yet) so we're just making do . . .

I mentioned in this post that I highly recommend the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo and this photo is inspired by the six lead characters in that series. In case you haven't read it (why??? 😡 jk), it's a YA fantasy, but the plot and the characters . . . literally everything!! It's also connected to the Shadow and Bone trilogy which I did a photoshoot inspired by last year if you're interested.


A closeup of the cards Grace is holding! I'm obsessed with the editing!

I felt so smart here only using the six cards but you can't even see six of spades which is really annoying lol.

And then those were all the group shots I got, but I also took photos inspired by some iconic scenes from the series!


I really just want to vent about all the minor details of this scene because I died reading it but I can't cause SPOILERS!! I swear if you're not a reader, you're probably trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with me.

Also is it bad that I love editing in blood for my photos?? It's oddly fun lol.


Yes this is the same base photo as the one above, but I made some minor changes in editing, so I'm just gonna say they're different. (Personally I prefer the one above, but in general, I just like cooler tones in my photos).


 Eeee I'm so proud of these!!!!! My indoor photography literally sucked until like a couple months ago, so now I just freak out whenever I take a minorly good photo inside.

And that's all for today! I actually just bought both books in this duology for myself literal hours ago and one of them is signed!!! Now I'm so excited to reread it! (:

Lol see you guys soon! Bye!

~Annabelle

Comments

  1. This is so cool! I love the idea of recreating book scenes with dolls! I kinda want to go do that now... 😅 But, like also, these photos are amazing, I'm not even joking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! You should totally try it; it's honestly so much fun! (:

      Delete
  2. I've said i'm going to read six of crows, like, seven times now
    I'LL DO IT THIS TIME! TOP OF MY TBR!
    I love the photos, even if I don't quite get them...yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are so cool! I love how cozy and mysterious they feel. I've been getting back into reading a lot these past few months, and so I'll definitely have to check out the series.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts