Before and After Editing: Grace's City Photoshoot

 Hey everybody! Here's the behind the scenes for the photoshoot I just did with Grace! Enjoy! (;

 

Photo #1

I actually had a ton of trouble editing this photo and I went back and forth with a bunch of different tools, but in the end I just added a ton more contrast, and a fairly large vignette. I also brightened her eyes a bit using the mask and played around a bit with temperature and vibrance!

Photo #2

I think the biggest difference is probably the vignette, but I also increased the shadows and contrast, and then used a mask so I could play around with saturation, and make the doll stand out better.

Photo #3

I actually had to crop this photo a little bit because the original didn't really follow the rule of thirds. If you don't know what that is, you basically have to imagine that a 3 by 3 grid is covering your photo (some cameras and photo editors actually have settings that will place a grid over your photo, so it's easier to visualize), and from there, you just have to see if your subject (the doll) falls on any of the points of intersection on the grid. If she does, your photo will most likely be more interesting to look at.

This is a pretty basic photography rule, but there are still ways to break it without looking like you have no idea what you're doing. If you're still curious, I would definitely recommend googling it!

Photo #4

More shadow, more contrast, a vignette. 😉

Photo #5

I actually cropped this photo too because Grace wasn't really the center of attention. Vignettes also help with that which is one of the ten million something reasons why I love them!! 😂

Photo #6

So I probably should've cropped this photo because there's all that extra space above her head, but I didn't and I kind of regret it, but I think the vignette definitely helped to draw attention to the doll!

That's all for today! Byee! (;

~Annabelle

Comments

  1. I loved this photoshoot! Seeing your editing process is always super helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get that white shirt? It looks super cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts