Before and After Editing: Ultraviolet

 Hey everybody! Today I'm starting what might become a new series (?) where I show you guys how I edit my photos! Today I wanted to explain how I edited my most recent photoshoot, Ultraviolet! Let's get started!



Photo #1

The main difference between the edited and unedited version of this photo is probably the temperature. In both photos, the light is definitely more cool toned, but in editing, I turned down the temperature a lot, giving the photo a dark blue tint.

I also added some more shadow and contrast because the original photo was pretty overexposed and undersaturated. Finally, I added a minor vignette because I think they add a lot to photos, and I may or may not be a little obsessed with them . . .

 



Photo #2

My process for editing this photo was pretty similar to how I did #1. I obviously didn't have to turn down the highlights as much, but I still added some more shadow because I think it makes the whole photo look very dramatic.

I also added a vignette to this photo and I think it's a bit more noticeable than on #1. It gives the whole photo this really fun ombre effect that I LOVE!! 😂



Photo #3

For photo #3, the original photo had a lot more shadow than the other two, so I actually turned up the highlights, so I could add more shadow without the whole photo looking super gross and dark. 

I also played around with the tint a bit on this photo, so the light looks like more of an indigo color instead of just plain blue.



Photo #4

This last photo started out as a very basic colorless portrait, but as you can see I increased both the shadows and the highlights to make it look more dramatic. I did change the temperature on this photo a little bit, but it's definitely not as obvious as the other photos from this shoot.

That was all for today's post! If you guys liked it, I might start doing this for every photoshoot!

Bye!

~Annabelle 

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed seeing this! I need some better tips and tricks for my own editing...I've actually started using vignettes a little since you endorsed them so fondly, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! Vignettes are seriously one of my favorite things ever! (:

      Delete
  2. At the moment I don't edit my photos but maybe I'll get into it this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously?! You're photos are so good, I never would've guessed! If you're trying to get into photo editing, I'd totally recommend PhotoScape X! It works a lot like Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom, but it's free!

      Delete
    2. Lol, thanks! Quite a few of my photos aren't the best though..ooh! I will go check them out right now, see if I can figure it out!

      Delete
  3. Sorry for being slightly late to comment! I've been out of town. Anyway, I loved seeing how you edited these! Editing is pure magic... like, it can completely turn a bad photo into a good photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I hope you had fun! So true about editing!

      Delete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts