The Coveted Collector Tag


Hi everyone! Today I'm going to be doing the Coveted Collector Tag, which was created by Just Dolling! I'm really late, because . . . life, but I hope you still enjoy! 

(Also can we just talk about how adorable that little logo is?! 10/10!)

Rules:

1. Thank the person who nominated you! (Thanks, E!)

2. Link back to the original post: https://justdolling.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-coveted-collector-tag.html

3. Include the tag photo

4. Tag 1-5 people

5. Have fun!

Questions:

1. First of all, how many AG dolls do you have in your collection?

I have 20 (and counting!). It's definitely waaay to much, but in my defense, I've only gotten 8 brand new, so at least some of them were less than retail price. 

Except for Sami but we won't go into that. 😉

2. Who was your first doll?

My first doll was Mary Ann, who is a JLY 39! I got her on my eighth birthday, and at the time she was a mini me, but . . . not so much anymore.

3. Who is your most recent doll?

Over summer, I got two PC dolls at a flea market. Though I got them at the same time, I opened Kingsleigh (JLY 2)'s box first, so that means Ophelia (a renamed Samantha) is technically my newest doll!

4. Is there a doll that you love that everyone else seems to hate?

I don't think people necessarily hate JLY 23, but because she's not super unique I think most people are kind of indifferent on her. To be fair, I didn't really like her either until I randomly got her two years ago, but I'm completely obsessed now! Her hair is *everything*!

5. A doll that everyone loves but you don't?

Yes! I see so many people on AGTube getting TM 118, but I just don't really see the hype. I feel like her middle part is kind of off-putting and it doesn't complement her face mold that well.

6. In your opinion, who is the most underrated AG doll?

JLY 80! I swear I see so few people who have her, but, as I will 100% never stop saying everyone NEEDS her! 😁

7. Most overrated?

Maybe Luciana? The doll herself is cute, and I love how diverse she was, being Hispanic and interested in STEM, but her collection is not my favorite, and that meet outfit . . . oof.

8. What is your favorite face mold?

Probably Jess or Addy! Or maybe Marie-Grace. Who knows? 😅

 9. Least favorite?

Makena. She looks like a child. Absolutely not.

10. Which Beforever meet outfit is, in your opinion, the best?

Addy! That blue dress is stunning!

11. Alternatively, which is the worst?

Julie. That is a literal costume. No. 

12. If you were in charge of AG for day, what things would you do business-wise for the company?

Five things:

a. Stop releasing new dolls with painted on eyelashes! Instead, I would start making vinyl lashes that could be purchased separately, and added to dolls if the owner felt like it.

b. Move the factories that make AG items to the U.S. That way, they wouldn't have to pay as much for shipping, as well as other costs, which means there would be more money for materials, so everything would be higher quality.

c. Send a survey out to fans asking what outfits and accessories they would like to see for the TM dolls (e.g. super pink and frilly stuff, or more muted pieces that are good for mix and match). Hopefully, once AG has a grasp on what their fans want, they might start releasing items that reflect that!

d. Start work on more diverse dolls. Because yeah. 😊

e. And then finally, I would hire Pleasant Rowland to come and help save the company. (;

13. What's an unpopular AG opinion you have?

I'm not sure how unpopular this is, but I personally think the Pleasant Company Classic mold isn't as cute as the early Mattel one. 

I also don't understand the hype around that orange romper outfit AG released over summer, which I know for a fact is an unpopular opinion.

14. What's an AG outfit you'd wear?

The old PC Cargo outfit! I'm actually wearing a sweatshirt similar to the one it was sold with right now, so it's definitely something I could see myself in!

15. Do you collect any dolls other than American Girl?

Nope! I am solely obsessed with AG. Besides, I don't think I could afford to start collecting another doll line, even if I wanted to. 😄

And that's all! I will be tagging Hailey from Hailey's Joyful Dolls!

Thanks so much for reading, and have a great rest of your day!

Bye! 

~Annabelle

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading your answers! I agree with so much of what you said. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also wanted to say that I saw your post, and Caroline's eyes are definitely green! (;

      Delete
  2. I loved hearing all your answers, and thanks for tagging me! I can't wait to do a post on it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you on a lot of that! Makena is the worst face mold imo, and 80 is SO GORGEOUS!😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Part of me really wants to collect all the face molds, so I might eventually get #123 just to have her mold in my collection, but that would be VERY far in the future lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts