Meet My New Dolls and Watch Me Break All the Rules of Photography

 Hi everybody! In my last post, I kind of foreshadowed the fact that I had some new dolls to introduce, and that's what we're doing today!

I actually got both of these dolls in a flea market lot for an INSANELY good deal, and I am seriously soo excited to share them with you guys! 

First off, I got a Pleasant Company JLY 2! *gasps* It's been almost three weeks (?) since I got her, and I'm still slightly in shock haha!

Her name is Kingsleigh Brekker, and if you couldn't tell from the photo, she has silver eye, which is . . . unfortunate lol. I'm not complaining because, come on, it's JLY 2, but I will be eye swapping her eventually. *sets mental reminder*

And then, because of Kingsleigh's, ahem, condition, this is the only photo I got of her, but the other doll . . .

Before I reveal her, make sure you're sitting down. 

Which you probably already are, but . . .

I got a Pleasant Company Samantha.

In perfect condition.

For $100.

With two outfits and her original book.

If I was in shock over Kingsleigh (who was $140, including an outfit and some books!), I was absolutely losing my mind over this doll!


And look at her!!! *heart eyes*


Her name is Ophelia Parkington!


Ahhhh!!! 😍😍😍

Sorry I've been waiting for a chance to freak out over this for nearly a month now, soooo . . .

Yeah. (;


I don't think her skin photographs the best, but these photos are all still really cute!


I need to start doing more historical photoshoots, but hehe we'll see . . .


I'm super into reading (which I'm sure you couldn't guess 😉), and I will forever be obsessed with the mini books! I also recently made all of my favorite books in doll size, and let me just tell you . ..❤️

*me being at a complete loss for words because I'm rushing to get this post out because it feels like it's been forever since I've posted and . . .*


And it's The Secret Garden! I'm gonna be honest, I've never read this book, which sort of feels like a crime, but haha, this post will be my reminder to read it! 😅


And now we're getting to that part of the post where I guess I started to go insane and decided to break every rule of photography.

But somehow it kinda looks good?? I could get used to breaking the rule of thirds. (;


Ophelia's going to be my little cottagecore girl, and these photos are just soo perfect for her aesthetic!


I guess this sorta fits the rule of thirds, but also kinda not . . . ? I know this post makes absolutely no sense, but honestly, do they ever?? 

Lol I love writing and I think I'm pretty decent at it (emphasis on think), but you would not be able to tell just from reading this.


And this one totally breaks the rule of thirds, but I seriously don't care. Tbh, I kinda love it.


You guys I literally stuck twigs into her hair and skirt to make it look like it was blowing in the wind . . .

I'm seriously questioning my own sanity right now.


Yessss! She looks so insanely perfect!


Her skin is oof but everything else in this photo is really cute!

Yay breaking more photography rules!! 😂


Mini boooks!!!


And . . . this?? I actually got the inspiration for this photo because I was trying to show you guys how I made her skirt blow in the wind, and then I realized it could be a cool concept for a photo!

And that's all! Sorry this post was so insanely chaotic, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless! I am soo insanely happy to have these dolls in my collection!

See you next time!

~Annabelle


Comments

  1. Omg, flea market dolls are seriously the best!! Jly 2 is honestly a doll I feel like I kinda unnecessarily want lol. Fyi, the doll hospital fixes silver eye for free, in case you don't want to fix her yourself. Just send her like normal and she should come back with a note in her box saying she was fixed free of charge and that you'll be refunded. Also, I seriously love your rule breaking photos. Samantha is a great doll and I love the name Ophelia for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you! I may need to look in to that for Kingsleigh because I'm minorly terrified of eyeswapping lol.

      Delete
  2. How lucky! They are both so beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm soo obsessed with them both! (:

      Delete
  3. I usually don't think Samanthas are pretty at all but your Ophelia looks gorgeous! I absolutely love how you photographed her, and Kingsleigh looks so cute too! I can't wait to see more of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats's so funny - I was actually never a fan of Samantha until I got her either! I can't wait to photograph them more! (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts