My Least Favorite Dolls AG Has Ever Made

 Hi everybody! I feel like it's been FOREVER since I've done one of these opinion sort of posts, but today I wanted to talk about some of the worst (in my humble opinion) dolls that AG has ever released. 

Just so you know, I'm going to be pretty harsh on these dolls because I truly do not like them. If I say something mean about your favorite doll, please don't take it too personally because these are just my opinions!

And now, onto the post!

Truly Me


#87

If you've read any of my posts by now, you've probably seen that I am not a pink person. At all. Pastel pink is pretty, but anything else makes me want to vomit. 

I remember when #87 first released they were still selling the TM dolls in the blue meet outfit, and though I still wouldn't have gotten this doll, it looked pretty good on her because it matched her eyes. But then they released the Sparkle and Shine outfit and her hair just clashed with the jacket sooo bad. It was just SO much pink. 

I do not like this doll.


#90

The reason I hate #90 is actually the same as for #87. She clashes.

Don't get me wrong, blue is my favorite color, but I like it WITH other colors. This doll is literally blue eyes, with blue hair, with a blue dress. And it's all the same shade. Because I'm not a huge fan of the rainbow hair, I doubt I'd like this doll much better if she was in another outfit, but at least it'd do something for her.


#91

What's always bothered me about this doll is how much her hair color, eye color, and skin tone do NOT match. If her eyes were a different color, I still wouldn't like her because bright purple is not really my thing, but at least I would be able to tolerate her.

Also if her hair was a natural color, but we know that's not gonna happen. 😞

#100

I was never a huge fan of #27, but at least she didn't look like she wanted to kill me. #100 though . . .

The painted on eyelashes and newer eyebrow pattern seriously make the dolls look angry. Specifically the classic mold dolls. 

I don't think I will EVER understand AG's obsession with blonde hair and blue eyes. Before the rebrand, #27 showed up a lot as a model on the website, and, shockingly, she was one of the dolls they rereleased. 

No one liked #27, and I have a feeling people hate #100 even more.

Dear AG, please just retire this doll already.


#101

When AG first rebranded the TM line, everyone on YouTube was freaking out and making tier ranking videos of all the new dolls.

This doll was always on the bottom tier.

In general, I'm not a huge fan of the grey eyes with the rainbow hair, or the painted on eyelashes with the classic mold, and this doll has both. And now that I'm really looking at her, it almost looks like she has grey hair. And her hair overall kinda looks like my cat's vomit.

This doll's got WAY too much going on.


#109

LynnLife keeps talking about how much she loves this doll, and I am trying so hard to see things from her perspective, but I just can't. I love the Josefina mold with the dark skin, and she has a pretty lip color, but that's really it. Except now that I'm looking at her, I kinda like her eyebrow pattern. Oh well.

Her bangs are still weird and don't match with her part, and then there's the grey eyes. What I'm realizing is that I am just not a huge fan of the grey eyes in general. (Except on Molly, Ruthie, and sometimes Evette)

And then she also has bright pink hair. Again, too much at once. I think AG could've done a lot with this doll but they kinda just fell short.


#119

The only positive thing I can say about this doll is that at least everything matches. Everything about her is SOO bright and colorful. She's sort of like #88 but super loud and in your face.

Just looking at her gives me a headache.


#120

Okay, this doll looks like what would happen if Nanea got into a fight with a pack of markers and the markers one. I think this is obvious by now, but I don't like bright colors. It's sad because this doll would be really pretty without the dyed hair.

Girl of the Year


McKenna Brooks

I've said this before, but I really don't like McKenna. She just looks like #39 but with the Josefina mold, except 39's way cuter! I'm gonna try and be less harsh on the character dolls, but we'll see. At least McKenna was released during a time when AG actually seemed to care about making cute, quality dolls.


Kavi Sharma

I actually think Kavi is a pretty cute doll, but she seriously has one of my least favorite collections, of any doll. Ever.

Her whole collection is just pink, on pink, on pink, and it's just so MUCH. Also, some of her outfits don't even match. To me, Kavi's entire collection looks like it's supposed to be deisigner clothes, but sine everything's hot pink it looks so fake.

Historical

Julie Albright

I've actually been a huge fan of Julie's collection lately, but I'm still not big on the doll, so I had to put her on this list. 

Julie kinda looks like #53, except not as cute, and I think that because she was sold alongside Ivy, who is AMAZING, Julie seems kinda bland. 

Also her BeForever meet outfit is a costume.

That's all I have to say lol.


Courtney Moore

Courtney is my least favorite historical doll. There are some really cute pieces in her collection, but the doll.

I know some people say she looks less like Maryellen in person, but I will not be convinced. Again, I feel like AG had a lot of opportunities with this doll, but things did not work out. 

I'm also really sad because I didn't realize they'd started retiring pieces from her collection until pretty recently, and that means I can't get her jeans. 😭

Contemporary


Makena Williams

When WBU first leaked, I thought Evette and Maritza were gorgeous, and Makena . . . kinda looked like a preschooler. I really want to like this doll, but I just cannot get her to grow on me. 

To me, she looks like a WellieWisher, and her clothing collection sucks. Evette and Maritza both have really cute outfits (except the camo one, that one's weird), and Makena's all look like they're supposed to be trendy but because it's AG everything had to be pink, so it looks fake. 

Kind of like Kavi.

I really want Makena's accessories though. My dolls could use a leather jacket.


Logan Everett

I feel like no one ever talks about Logan, but I don't care because he honestly kinda sucked. He has the Kaya mold which really bothers me cause he's white, and I feel like overall, there's nothing that special about him and he is a doll I 100 percent forget exists.

That was it for today's post! It was pretty long, so if you read to the end congratulations lol!

See you soon!

~Annabelle

Comments

  1. Ugh I agree with you so much! I kind of like Logan and Makena, but I extremely dislike the colored-hair Nanea molds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Nanea is such a pretty doll, but all the other dolls with her mold just aren't as cute!

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with you! I wish AG wasn't so into bright neon colors.
    I do really like #109 <3 But only if you take away the bad hair, like if she just had a natural hair color I think she could be a very beautiful doll, especially to photograph :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Even when I was in AG’s target age range I wasn’t into neon colors. You’re totally right about #109 as well. I haven’t seen a ton of photos of her so I’m curious if maybe she’s actually really pretty even with the pink hair.

      Delete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts