My Thoughts on Kavi Sharma Theories

 Hi everyone! Sydney from American Girl Doll News recently made a post with her theories for the GOTY 2023, Kavi Sharma! I'm half excited for this doll, half scared because of what AG's been doing with their dolls lately, so I decided it might be fun to share my opinions on Sydney's theories!

(Btw if you haven't checked out Sydney's blog before, you totally should!)

On to the post!

Kavi's full name is going to be Kavika, which is Hindu for poet. In a lot of her posts, Sydney was talking about how she thought Kavi would be a poet. However, AG sent out an invitation for Kavi's release party that described the food as "showstopping", so Sydney decided that Kavi is most likely going to be interested in performing arts.

I'm fine if Kavi's big thing is acting/musical theater, but if she's another dancer . . . prepare yourselves for angry rant posts. I'd also be fine if Kavi is singer, but I still think a theater kid would be better. Somehow Rebecca is the ONLY doll interested in acting lol. 

Sydney also thinks that if Kavi gets a movie, it would have a soundtrack. I realize this would be super exciting for little kids, but all I can think about is that one scene in Isabelle's movie where they're dancing on the tables. Please no.

Sydney also predicted that Kavi's color palette will have a lot of purple and pink. If this is the case, I probably won't buy much from Kavi's collection just because those are really not the sort of colors I go for. Unless they're pastels, but I don't have much hope.☹

Sydney thinks the doll will have long wavy hair, which I'm all for, but she also thinks Kavi will have some eye makeup (shocking nobody). I'm so tired of the makeup, but AG seems to think it's the greatest thing they've ever done. Really, it's not.

Finally Sydney predicted that Kavi will have a close relationship with a parent or grandparent. I don't really have an opinion either way about this, but I don't see why they'd do two family stories in a row (not that there's anything wrong with family or whatever).😁

And finally, I wanted to show Sydney's prediction of what the doll looks like, that she made on the CYO generator!

The doll looks a lot like Sonali, which I'm totally fine with, except obviously she's going to have eye makeup. I realize the outfit she's wearing is one of the CYO outfits, but if any of Kavi's actual outfits look like that - no, just no.

That's all for today! What do you think of these theories? And, once again, full credit for this post goes to Sydney from American Girl Doll News!

Her blog: https://www.americangirldollnews.com/

Her Kavi theories: https://www.americangirldollnews.com/post/who-is-the-2023-american-girl-of-the-year-kavi-sharma-theories 

Thank you for reading! See you soon!

~Annabelle ♡

Comments

  1. Interesting...I'm very excited at the idea of there, finally (possibly) being a musical theater kid! But not so much about the other things :( But I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I want to be excited, but considering what AG's been doing with their dolls lately I'm really not.

      Delete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts