The Biggest Problem with the Truly Me Rebrand

I think that by this point, everyone's tired of me complaining about the new Truly Me dolls, but I needed to make this one last post.

Anyways . . .

Today I wanted to talk a bit about what, in my opinion, is probably the biggest issue with the Truly Me rebrand! 

It's not the rainbow hair, if you can believe it . . . 😱

To me, the biggest issue with the whole rebrand is that it promotes gender stereotypes.

First off, LITERALLY EVERY GIRL DOLL HAS PAINTED ON EYELASHES!! WHAAAT?

Truly Me is supposed to be about girls expressing themselves however they want, and not every girl wants to wear a ton of makeup. Most girls aren't even allowed to wear makeup at the age TM is advertised for.

I've probably mentioned this on here before, but Barbie dolls are so unnatural that it's been proven they make girls feel uncomfortable with how they look. 

AG is supposed to be the opposite of all that, so what's with all the makeup?

I was actually fine with it at first, because I thought it made the dolls look older, and kind of just added a unique feature to them. Not anymore though.

Another thing that bothers me is that there are FIVE outfits you can get the girl dolls in, but only one for the boy dolls. 

But girls don't have to be super into clothes, and boys can be.

So, basically this whole rebrand is really ticking me off. I feel like Truly Me isn't really about girls being themselves anymore and it makes me really sad.

My first doll was a TM and I got her to look like me. None of these dolls look like me now.

Soooo, yeah! Thanks for reading this little rant thing! I'm sorry if it seemed a little choppy, I wrote part of it earlier this week, and finished it today lol. 😶

Bye!

~Annabelle

Comments

  1. Yes, I agree. They are basically being Barbie with 18' dolls. Also, now none of the dolls look like me, too. It kinda sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree! I feel AG used to be good at inclusivity and not going along with gender stereotypes and now they're not :( And they still have that big issue (that they've had for forever) abut how every TM doll is blonde with blue eyes *eyeroll* Like come on AG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! TM always meant a lot to me, but I really don't get where they're going with this.

      Delete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts