Dear AG, I Sorta Hate You

 

 I'm gonna start this post of right by saying I'm having a breakdown over a doll company.

If you haven't already clicked away, because you just realized you're reading the blog of a crazy person, I have some rumors about AG, that, if you haven't heard them already will make you throw your phone, computer,  or whatever device you're reading this on across the room. Then, you'll go and hug all your Truly Me dolls. 

Trust me.

Basically, when AG released their new Harry Potter Collection, they leaked all these new dolls.

At first, I was kinda just like, "Oh cool! New Truly Me dolls!" This is definitely more than they usually release at once, but I wasn't really thinking.

Turns out, they're not just releasing 6 new dolls . . . THEY'RE RELEASING 26!

And what happens to all the old dolls? 

Lots of people are rumoring they're ALL going to be retired.

Every single one.

Except for Street Chic, because of all the TM dolls we want to see left around, it's Street Chic.

😭 


Buuuut, there's some better news! AG is using the Marie Grace, Corinne, Nanea, and Joss molds on these new dolls! I'm crossing my fingers that this means Marie Grace and Cecile might be coming back soon!

A lot of the dolls seem to have rainbow hair . . . which, as you probably most likely 99% sure know, I don't like. ALL the dolls (that have been leaked) have the painted on eyelashes, which I know many people don't like. Unpopular opinion: I actually like them! I think they make dolls look more unique and mature! HOWEVER, I don't think every doll should have them.

One of the dolls being released is literally just 27 with eye makeup. AG literally advertises this doll SO much, even though she's really basic. It makes me mad.

They're also releasing some new boy dolls, which would be cool except for one thing. They're retiring all the other ones.

Other dolls releasing:

(Not Corinne by the way!)

Sooo yeah! I'm pretty irritated that AG is doing this, and I'm actually thinking about just getting 64 before she retires forever, not gonna lie. All the dolls are currently $20 off, so she'd only be $90 instead of $110. 

We'll pretend I'm not falling for AG's secret plot to get rid of extra stock of TM dolls.

Anyways, before you go, I just wanted to add that all these leaks are either from American Girl Doll News or Rainbowunicorncat1! Go check them out!

Also, I just got an email from AG about the sale going on, and I sorta want to respond with a rant about all they're about to do.

But I won't.

The end.

Go treat yourself to an early birthday, Hannukah, or Christmas present, before your favorite doll is gone forever.

Bye.

~Annabelle

Comments

  1. No way! NOOOO! AG WRONG DIRECTIONNNNN!!! Ugh. This makes me so mad!! It is so maddening because they are taking the whole TM line down! And the new dolls look like pre-existing dolls. I also don't like it that they are making harry Potter stuff because I am not a fan of that. They could have made something way better than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I don't really care that they're releasing a bunch of new dolls, especially since they're bringing back so many face molds, but I hate that they're retiring the rest of the dolls! Rainbowunicorncat1 also just uploaded a follow-up video showing all the dolls that'll be releasing and most of them are literally just the same dolls, but with painted on eyelashes. ):

      Delete
  2. NOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm literally going to cry if this happens. Even though most of the new TM dolls are cute (especially the Ravenclaw one. She's literally the cutest <3) That would be getting rid of SO many dolls! And I feel like we should keep some of the classics, right? Thanks for letting us know though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! There were so many TM dolls I wanted to get! That doll is really cute, though! I also think she might not have the painted on eyelashes! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been really sad about what has been happening to AG too. (Which is why I am interested in other 18 inch doll brands like Carpatina, and A Girl For All Time). AG has just declined for me, and really lost touch with who they are as a brand.

    And while I do think it is cool that there are Harry Potter themed merchandise, it really feels...weird for AG. Harry Pitter has a male main character, and while girls can like it-- it isn't American either, it's British. Also I'd be really sad too if they retired all the old Truly Me dolls. I love them, and it would be sad to see them go.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm not really into other doll brands, so I'm probably just gonna start getting more and more retired AG stuff from eBay. I didn't think about the Harry Potter thing from that angle, but you're right! I heard that some of the other TM dolls in the 80s might not be retiring either, but it's still sad they're retiring all the other dolls!

      Delete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts