The American Girl Yearbook!

 

Hi everyone! American Girl has this thing on their website, that's a school yearbook for the historical dolls! There's one of those "Most likely to . . ." nomination things for each doll, and they're really funny, so I thought I'd share them and maybe come up with my own nominations! Not sure how good mine will be, but we'll have to see!

(Also just on a side note, why are they making a yearbook at the beginning of the school year lol?)

Um, anyways . . .

First off, we have Kaya! The nomination American Girl gave her was "Most likely to think she is a horse whisperer." I thought this one was funny, but I feel like it makes her seem kind of stupid, if that makes sense . . . ? To me at least, saying she thinks she's a horse whisperer makes her seem like some dumb little kid who thinks animals like it when she gives them super tight hugs. That's the best way I can describe it.

Anyways, I would nominate her "Most likely to turn her home into a menagerie of wild animals." It's long, but I like it.

Josephina's nomination was "Most likely to be told she's the GOAT." This one took me a second, because why would AG call her the greatest of all time, if she's not even great enough to have a collection? Then, I realized it was because she has a pet goat. Very funny, AG.

My nomination for her would be "Most likely to graduate med school before anyone else even starts." At first, I wasn't sure what I was gonna do for her, but then that just popped into my head, and I loved it! (:

Next up, we have Addy! Her nomination was "Most likely to be a spelling bee queen." I don't really get this one, because I don't think spelling is a big part of Addy's story. If it is, I was completely unaware. 

My nomination for her would be "Most likely to take a road trip to all fifty states." This one probably isn't very good, but I can't remember when I last read Addy's story, and all I could think of was how she travelled north to escape slavery, so that's what I came up with.

Also, we're just gonna forget that you can't drive to Hawaii.

Next is Samantha! Her nomination is "Most likely to give coastal grandma vibes." For me at least, it's hard to imagine a ten year old girl giving off grandma vibes, but maybe I'm alone there?

My nomination would be "Most likely to be the first female president." In her story, she's always trying hard not to be the stereotypical girl, so I feel like it fits.

Rebecca's nomination was "Most likely to have the most lines in a silent movie." This one is just too funny. It makes up for coastal grandma vibes. I love it.

My nomination for her is "Most likely to set the house on fire during Hanukah." That seems like something Rebecca would do. Probably why her parents won't let her light the Sabbath candles.

Kit's nomination literally makes me angry. "Most likely to be called little miss sunshine." Kit is not a little miss sunshine. Enough said.

My nomination would be "Most likely to stand in a hurricane to make a news report." Sure her stuffing would get moldy and her eyes would rust, but she'd do it.


Nanea's nomination was "Most likely to overshare her aloha island life." This one could be true, but I feel like AG could have done better. At least it's not coastal grandma vibes.

My nomination for Nanea would be "Most likely to start a business training dogs to dance." I think mine is better.


I actually thought Molly's nomination was really funny! Her's was "Most likely to fake a turnip allergy." This is pretty accurate, except that Molly ends up liking turnips, when her mom cooks them for her with cinnamon. I still really like this one though.

My nomination for Molly would be "Most likely to go broke buying hair products." It's actually kind of true, because in the books, Molly and her friends spend all of their movie theater money on giving Molly curls.

Maryellen's nomination was "Most likely to know what really went down at Area 51." I could see this one, because Maryellen is really into watching TV, along with science/space travel.

My nomination would be "Most likely to host her own talk show." I don't think this is the best one I've made up, but I was actually really struggling.

Next up, Melody! Her nomination was "Most likely to get a standing ovation at karaoke night." This one isn't super funny or anything, but I feel like it's true.

My nomination is basically the exact opposite. "Most likely to convince herself she's terrible at singing." In her books, Melody always seems kind of humble, so I feel like she would tell people she was bad at singing, even if she wasn't.

We're almost done! Right now, we're on Julie! Her nomination was "Most likely to know when Mercury is in retrograde." I don't know a ton about Julie or her story, so I can't really agree or disagree with this one.

Mine would be "Most likely to actually believe in the results from a mood ring." I feel like there was a mood ring in Julie's collection once, and she's a total hippie, so why not?

Last one! Courtney's nomination was "Most likely to live for nostalgic throwbacks." All I know about Courtney's story is what AG says in the catalogs and on the website, but I feel like this seems accurate.

My nomination is purely to be funny. "Most likely to give herself a headache playing video games." I get headaches from screens all the time, so I feel like this could happen.

Well, that's it for today! Kudos to anyone who read all the way till the end!

Bye!

~Annabelle

Comments

  1. Where did you find this doll yearbook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "Most likely to.." captions sound more accurate than AG's. I really like your "Most Likely to..." captions for Kaya and Samantha.
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your's were SO much better than what AG came up with! Loved this blog post <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts