Are there going to be new World By Us dolls?

Hello everyone! Most of you are probably familiar with the (amazing!) doll blog American Girl Doll News! Right? Anyways . . .

Sydney recently made a post talking about some dolls that might be releasing soon, including some new World By Us dolls! Today, I'm just going to share my thoughts on these rumored dolls, because, I really like the World By Us line, and I know they're very popular dolls!

First off, there might be two sister dolls named Isabel and Nicki Hoffman. Isabel and Nicki, seriously? We've had dolls named Isabel and Nicki before, why do we need more? They are supposed to be Jewish, and Hoffman is a Jewish last name, which is nice, but there are plenty of Jewish first names that could've been used instead of using names they've already used before! I've also done some research and it seems like Nicki and Isabel aren't even Jewish names . . . ? Another thing about them is that similar to Corinne and Gwynn, they will be an 18 inch doll and a WellieWisher. Sydney expects Nicki to be the WellieWisher, because Isabel's name was trademarked first.

The next rumored doll is name Arecely. Sydney's post didn't have a ton of information on her, but it seems like she will be Latina, but from different ethnicities than Maritza!

The final name that was trademarked for WBU is Fahari. This name is from Swahili, and it is common name among Muslim people. If Fahari is released, she will be AG's first Muslim doll!

What do you think of these leaks? I'm super excited for the new dolls! Like I said, I love World By Us!

And, once again, all credit goes to Sydney from American Girl Doll News for collecting these leaks and posting about them on her blog!

Bye!

~Annabelle


Comments

  1. Can't wait for more dolls to come out! I am hoping to get a Tenny or Josephina. But if I like the dolls that are coming out, I might get them instead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I’ve been trying to make my collection more diverse, so if I like these dolls, at least I have a nice excuse for buying them! (;

      Delete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts