Ranking Odd Stuff on AG Goodwill

 Sooo .  .  . I reallly like shopping for dolls on Goodwill because it's pretty easy to find rare dolls for SUPER cheap! Seriously.

I got a PC Felicity (with her meet outfit), along with a #23 (with pierced ears, but no clothes) off of Goodwill for $45. Insane. If you ever just feel like browsing for used doll stuff on the off chance you might find something  you really want, shop on Goodwill.

Anyways, I've spent the past few days scrolling around Goodwill, and I've found one auction I'm really excited about, and many others that were kind of . . . weird.

I love shopping for dolls on Goodwill, but one thing you've got to know about it is that people DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY'RE SELLING. Which is an advantage if you're a collector looking for rare dolls hehehe.

I was going to post a photoshoot today, but I didn't feel super motivated, so I decided to just show you guys six weird/concerning Goodwill listings. But I ranked them.



 In sixth place, we have this Willa doll. There's not really anything super weird about her, expect that the seller styled her hair in these weird mini buns. I don't get why'd you sell a doll with her hair styled, UNLESS it was in the original meet hair style. 

I also just realized while writing this that she was listed as a porcelain doll???? Like okay I get it if you say Felicity is 61 or something, because they do look pretty similar. But, seriously, how can you not tell the difference between plastic and porcelain?

In fifth place, we have a #59 sold with a weird listing title. I don't know if you can see it very well, but it says "American Girl Plastic Doll." Which is true, but - why? Also, why is there a period? It's a title. I don't know that just bothers me.
 

In fourth place, there's this giant lot thing, so I tried to just zoom in on the weird part. A doll with a detached leg. That's included.

I know this is pretty common on secondhand sites, but it's still kinda funny to just look at. Poor doll. 😭


 The top three were all from the same seller, and had similar listing titles. This one says "What a friendly American Girl doll!" Which is kinda odd, right? Especially cause the title isn't even a description of the product. Dear seller, I'm sorry, but NOBODY is going to find your listing.

It gets weirder though . . .


 In second place, there's this one with an odd listing title. Like I said, from the same seller as the last one. "One American Girl doll ready to be your new BFF." WHAAAT? When I found this I just started laughing so hard. I showed it to my sister and she thought it was hilarious too!

In first place, we have a listing with a title that I just find super creepy. "American Girl doll she's ready to be your friend!" It's basically the same as the last one, but I feel like using the word "she" just makes it creepy. It sounds like it's from a horror movie lol.

So, yeah! This post was kinda random and unplanned, but I thought it might be kinda funny! Let me know if you want a part 2! (:

Bye! ~Annabelle ♡

Comments

  1. She's ready to be your friend? How creepy and cringy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a Part 2 post! The listing names are creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! I feel like I'm fairly good at doll restoration, but I have no idea how I would fix that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

See you soon!

Popular Posts